Corned Beef


This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. I used it a lot whilst pregnant with my eldest son as I was craving red meat. It was used for lunch meat and is very, very tasty.



Ingredients



1.25-1.5kg corned beef silverside
1 large brown onion
Handful cloves
Small handful black peppercorns
4 bay leaves
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Spiced white vinegar
Boiling water








Method




Add cloves, peppercorn, bay leaves and brown sugar into a large saucepan. Add a bit of water and dissolve the sugar.
Place silverside and onion into the saucepan. Add in boiling water until the meat is covered.
Add a splash of the spiced white vinegar and place saucepan onto medium heat.
Once boiling, turn down the heat so it is gently boiling.
Cook for 45 mins.
Cool the corned beef and put lid on saucepan. Put in fridge

No comments :

Post a Comment