Mango Prawn Curry


I wanted to try something new. I wanted a curry that was a little sweeter, so I consulted my online food bible, Taste, for some inspiration. And inspiration is what I found!

Like usual, I amended this recipe. Firstly, I used homemade korma curry paste, which made is so much more fragrant. Secondly, I added more mango and added vegetables. I also let the sauce sit before adding in the prawns. This allowed the rounding of the flavours. This meal was a huge success! Perfect during spring and autumn.

Ingredients



1½ (425g) cans mango slices, pureed
1 tablespoon olive oil
250g raw prawns, devined
1 brown onion, sliced
1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
100g baby corn, cut into thirds
2 large carrots, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
½ cup korma curry paste
400ml can coconut milk
1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
250ml boiling water

Method



Heat 1-3 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan. Once up to heat, add in onions. Cook until soft.
Add in capsicum, ginger and garlic and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Add in korma paste and coo until fragrant and aromatic.
Add in pureed mango, coconut milk, chicken stock powder and water. Bring to the boil and add in carrots and baby corn. Cook for 10-15mins.
Reduce heat and simmer for a further 10-15mins.
Add in prawns and cook until prawns are tender. Season with salt.
Serve with jasmine rice and fresh coriander.



No comments :

Post a Comment